Friday, September 23, 2011

"Oh...dance in the dark night...sing to the morning light..." Happy Autumn Equinox!

Last night I happened catch 'The Song Remains The Same' on the tube and it brought me again to pondering the age old paradox of Jimmy or Robert??  Oh the conundrum….My girlfriends and I can never decide!  We usually just come to the conclusion of BOTH….Oh, to be one of those famous groupies back then...Lori Lightning, Pammy Des Barres, etc...the list goes on...






"In The Light...."

Robert is so dreamy…he has 'love light' in his eyes.  He is BRIGHT like the SUN...your White Knight in shining armour...AND...besides being so beautiful and talented…I have always heard nothing but nice things about him as a person.


















"From the darkest depths of Mordor..."











Jimmy is so dark…mystical…'The Sorcerer'...There is a sense of danger behind those eyes...'burning red...dreams of YOU all in his head...'







It is reflected in his choice of clothing….


His Stormtrooper outfit…






His infamous White Suit...chasing the dragon through the ‘poppies’ I see…




his choice in homes…



The 'Boleskine House' -- Aleister Crowley's old pad...



...And his interest in the occult and darker side of life...





Today is also the Autumn Equinox…also known as Mabon in Pagan holidays.  A time of Harvest.







It is the beginning of Libra, a time of balance between The Dark and The Light.  When today is equal parts daylight and darkness.





I started thinking of Jimmy and Robert…and how and why they make such a dynamic duo!



One cannot really exist without the other…they are one and the same…the yin and the yang…that is Page and Plant.  They worked so well together…balancing each other in a very complimentary way to say the least!



















The sign of Libra, as some of you may know is about Balance, Harmony, and Justice.  Incidentally Robert’s symbol from Zep IV is the circle with the feather in it.  This is the feather of Ma'at, the Egyptian goddess of justice and fairness.  Another correlation and representation of this Autumn Equinox and start of Libra.




From what I also gathered about this part of the year is that we are going into the darker times…not necessarily dark as in bad…but perhaps the depth of things.  Enter 'The Hermit’...




In the Tarot, 'The Hermit' card represents repose and solitude, being alone with ones thoughts as to ‘go within’ reflect on one’s life…

Interestingly enough, Zep IV was released in Fall of ’71.  It has always reminded me of Fall, probably because that was the 1st time I truly heard it...and ever since then all I can think of is beginning High School...getting stoned...getting turned on to that album...a beautiful Indian Summer...and riding out to Bolinas after school in the back of some dude's truck with my girlfriends!  

So there it is, friends...my observations on 'The Dark' and the 'The Light'.  I tend to stay more on the side of 'The Light', but can definitely have appreciation for 'The Dark'.   I usually get kinda depressed and melancholy when Autumn begins but maybe this year I will approach it differently....this time I may try and just embrace it!


I hope you enjoyed my thoughts and correlations on Page, Plant, Mabon, Libras and Zep IV...all just all part of 'My Aquarian Odyssey...'

2 comments:

  1. Hello there, that's a very Aquarian picture at the top of your page-tree, water and setting sun.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Peter. This is from a post card that used to belong to my sister. When I told her that if she ever wanted to remember me, just to look at this photo and she would see a photo of my soul. And in her typical Scorpio way she just simply said..."Oh, you can have it!" Haha!
    The cypress has been my symbol of who I am for so many years and maybe many lifetimes. Especially when in a sunset. It represents the dark and the light...of myself, and of all in life. Just like Jimmy and Robert I suppose.
    I will be writing about that someday soon. So stay tuned, my friend.

    ReplyDelete